Sunday 6 February 2011

More like me

Yesterday marked my first month in Australia - it certainly hasn't been plain sailing but there has been a lot of good. Am happily settled into my new flat, have met some lovely friends, joined a bookclub and work is keeping me very busy. It's really hard being so far away from family and friends, to miss exciting social events, giggling over a glass of wine or just being able to have a bit of a gossip.

But all things considered it's going pretty well. I miss the boy and still feel very sad and broken in that respect but in other ways I feel more like me than I have in a while. It's quite nice remembering that I can meet people and sort out a life for myself on my own and that actually it will all be ok. I'll miss people a lot and my heart will take a while to mend but in the meantime I'll be fine, or even better than fine.

3 comments:

EmmaJane said...

Very glad to hear it lovely, and please do keep up the blogging. It's great that we have twitter to share a little bit of that gossip that you miss, but blog posts are even better :)

x

Haron said...

My goodness, has it only been a month? It feels like you've done All the Things, and had so much happen to you!

You're doing so well, hon - keep it up.

Abel1234 said...

We're missing you too, but enjoying hearing how things are working out for you and falling into place :-)

Hugs!