Friday 30 October 2009

Airport lounge discipline

I'm off on my travels again with work. It's not too glamorous - 18 hour journeys in economy that leave you dying for a shower and a sleep (but what I do is worthwhile so it's ok). One of the pluses is that we can access the business lounges at airports so if we're in transit we can recharge laptops and chill out a bit. My membership card's only just arrived so I was very excited as I bounced off my horrid night flight and went in search of the lounge - and felt very pleased with myself as I settled myself down with a coffee, orange juice and some museli on a nice big sofa.

There were 'no sleeping' signs on all the sofas but it was pretty quiet so I commandeered one as I checked my email. Then stretched out on it, then lay all the way down and had a bit of a snooze only to be woken by someone telling me that was against the rules. It would have seemed rather apt if they gave overly dozy girls a spanking to ensure that they wouldn't fall asleep again - and with the view over the airport would have been quite a cool place to play. Sadly not, though I did charm the man into getting a diet coke for me to 'wake me up'...

2 comments:

Abel1234 said...

You've only gone and corrupted airports for me forever: I mean, as if I'll ever be able to see a woman coming out of a lounge now without wondering whether she's just been spanked for falling asleep!

Safe travels...

Paul said...

Rebecca, I hope that your travels aren't too uncomfortable and that your endeavours are successful.
Warm hugs,
Paul.