Thursday 2 July 2009

Soundtrack to play to...

I've been getting into the stride of running again, which has involved putting some serious thought into creating some new training playlists...songs for slow steady runs to keep me ticking along, fast stuff for sprints and the classic motivational tracks for when you think you're going to die (Eye of the Tiger anyone?).

This got me thinking about soundtracks to play to...

Britney's 'Hit Me Baby One More Time'

This one's pretty obvious really...

Catatonia 'Dazed Beautiful and Bruised'

'I've got my work cut out with you
You tore bits out of me
Your carpet burns and bruises blue
And there for all to see'

Natalie Imbruglia 'Torn'

"I'm cold and I'm ashamed, bound and broken on the floor'

Belle & Sebastian 'If You're Feeling Sinister'

"She was into S&M and bible studies
Not everyone's cup of tea she would admit to me"

Charlotte Church 'Call My Name'

"I like the sound of your shirt ripping
My will slipping under the table
I like the sound of your hand slapping
Your whip cracking, this could be painful"

She's a dirty girl that Church ;-)

I have possibly just come up with the cheesiest list ever...am now having very funny thoughts of certain gentlemen topping to those sort of songs (giggle!)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Two thoughts here.

1. How many of these singers are Welsh! Is there a connection between being welsh and being a kinster? I am welsh...

2. I was once playing with He Who Must Be Obeyed to a jazz CD. Then 'Be a Clown' came on. We had to stop. He thought it was wrong..

Rebecca said...

Heehee why not 'be a clown'?!